Based out of Montgomery, NY, Aden Logistics is a privately owned third-party logistics service provider built on a service first foundation. Relationships are the drivers of our business, and we value our associates, carrier partners, and customers above all else. We believe that if we do the right thing at the right time, success will follow.
We are looking for an experienced Carrier Sales Representative to join our expanding team. This role will be responsible for the daily coverage of freight as well as adding new carriers to our carrier base and creating strategic relationships with our carrier partners. The associate will interact with trucking companies to provide information in response to inquiries, properly match shipments to appropriate carriers, negotiate rates, and trouble shoot issues on loads. The carrier rep will also engage with carrier partners to identify opportunities to leverage our respective networks and create an environment that allows us to provide better paying loads for our carrier partners while increasing our margins. This person will be a market expert and able to provide information on current market conditions and factors affecting freight costs to team members.
- Outbound phone calls to solicit and match carriers with available loads.
- Takes inbound calls for carrier availability and maintain that information for future use.
- Develop relationship with core carriers and sell those carriers the benefits of using our service.
- Assists in the tracing of shipments as needed by making outbound calls and querying carrier websites to determine shipment status.
- Provides pricing information to shipper representatives as needed.
- Visits, from time to time, key core carrier customers.
- Drives production to meet company daily load count and margin % goals.
- Trains, explains tasks, and assists in the solution of problems.
- Searches company records using company TMS system and provides necessary information and or reports to customers and team members.
- Resolves customer questions related to shipments in transit as needed.
- Maintains liaison with shipper representatives for order completion.
- Responds to requests via telephone or email, using personal computer when necessary.
- Has knowledge of TMS System, delivery and transit times, various telemarketing skills, and similar data, as required.
- Would be charged with fostering and building great business relationships with Agricultural/General freight trucking companies.
- Specializing in Dry/Flat truckload
- Prospect and on-board quality carriers to handle our growing volume of shipments.
- Negotiate pricing with carriers on both the spot and contracted levels.
- Establish and nurture relationships within your network.
- Build and deepen internal relationships with client-facing teams to grow your book of business.
- Leverage technology to focus on relationship building and higher-level sales strategy.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding of fundamental business concepts
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly motivated to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Assist shipper reps in completing requests for rate proposals.
- Makes calls and sends correspondence to develop carriers into core carriers.
- Discusses and helps resolve carrier performance issues with internal and external customers.
- Completes various administrative function that are required as needed.
- Performs other allied duties as assigned by supervisor.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to understand and speak the English language at an acceptable level for productivity.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally in verbal and written form.
- Ability to understand and process information from written and verbal communication.
Base salary + Commissions
Friendly team and work you will want to come to every day.
Great opportunity to build your career and open your potential.
Office Location: 574 Route 416, Montgomery NY 12549
Aden Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Please forward your resume to recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.